Saturday, January 30, 2010

Karma Hat




I LOVE this hat. A lot. I love cables, and stockinette, and having entire purl/knit rows. No counting. To top it off, this hat took me only a few hours. Maybe five? I'm not sure. I should start keeping track of these things.

(Yeah, I need new needles.)

First, let me tell you about this yarn, the Threads and Loops Threadless. I knit my Hermione hat with the burgundy of it, and LOVED it. A lot. So before I came back to school, I bought two blues. Cadet Blue, and what I knit this hat on, True Blue. I was looking online to see other colors, and I found out it's the Michael's store brand. And I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty soft for acrylic, and knits really well, without a lot of stray strings and whatnot that the Vanna's Choice sometimes has. The only downside is that the ends fray a bit more than most when leaving them loose (like fringe and such).
I promise that Michael's didn't pay me to give them their own little commercial. Though I wouldn't mind.



So, anyways. The actual pattern is knit on 8s, and I'm lazy and wanted to knit it on 10s. So straight 10s, with Loops and Threads Threadless True Blue.

CO 78
Knit 6 rounds of K2P2 ribbing
Knit a row, increasing by one on each end
Purl a row
Knit a row
**C2F, K2, Knit C, K4 across
Purl a row
Knit a row
Purl a row
K4, C2B, K2, Knit C across
Purl a row
Knit a row
Purl a row**
Repeat between ** three more times, or until desired length.
K4, C2B, K2, Knit C across
(I had some trouble with the following, but I think I just miscounted my decreases. Sorry.)
Purl a row
SSK, K6 across
P across
C1B, K2, Knit C, K4 across
P across
K5, K2tog across
P around
K3, C2F, K1, Knit C across
Purl across
K1, K2tog, K3 across
Purl across
C1B, K1, Knit C, K3 across
P across
K2, SSK K1 across
P across
K2tog, K2 around
P across
K 1, C1F, K1, Knit C across
P across
K1, K2tog
P across
K2tog

Cut long tail, pull through remaining stitches, sew up the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment