Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Striped nightcap

So my sister's super picky. (I am too, I guess.) I made her a hat, which I still need to give to her. She wanted a really long hat, and I wanted to make her something she could wear with a lot of her clothes.

I got the pattern from here, but I knit really tightly and it just didn't turn out right. It was cute, but on size 7 needles knit exactly as the pattern she gives is, it was just way too small.


Knit on size 10 needles, Vanna's Choice Sapphire (107) and Silver Grey [?] (149). I used another blue (which I can't remember the name of or find) for one of the stripes, but honestly, any colors can be used. About half a skein of each was used.

Hat:

CO 75 in MC
K5P5 around for 24 rows in MC
In CC, knit 5 rows stockinette (K row, P row, etc.)
Still in CC *(on K side row), s1, ssk1, k until last three, k2tog, s1
P around*
Repeat between ** fifteen more times for a total of 20 rows
In MC, repeat between ** for 18 rows
In CC, repeat between ** for 14 rows
In MC, repeat between ** for 12 rows
In CC, repeat between ** for 10 rows
In MC, repeat between ** for 3 rows, or until there are ~5 stitches left.
Cut 2+ foot tail, bind off. Use long tail to stitch edges together.

No comments:

Post a Comment