Tuesday, December 29, 2009

About me

I'm just trying this out, so cut me some slack. Please.

So, hi. I'm Melissa. I live in a suburb of Atlanta, where there's not really much to do. The rest of the time, I'm at the University of Tennessee - Knoxville, where I'm spending my time making, baking, and other stuff. Studying, some, too.
I really like to knit. I know it's silly and makes me sound like a grandma, but it's calming. And with how much television I watch, it gives me something to do. As for cooking, I don't get the chance to do much of it at school (except for some Easy Mac and ramen), but at home, I cook constantly. Honestly, expect a lot less cooking posts, unless I'm on break. But I've been entertaining the idea of opening up a bakery, but with all the ideas I have, I'd be lucky if just one of them turned out.
I actually have other hobbies besides knitting and cooking, but it's not like people need a recipe or pattern to learn how to do the other stuff. I read a lot, and watch way too much television. I write some, too, I guess. I was on my high school's newspaper, and am thinking about going into journalism (I'm also a NaNoWriMo-er, but I've yet to finish even one NaNo). When I'm home, I spend a lot of time at an art studio, throwing pottery on the wheel. During the summer, there's a summer camp there where I help teach kids how to make things with clay. Right now, I love it, but if you ask me the last week of camp, it's sort of excessively hellish.
I have absolutely no idea what I want to do for the rest of forever. Honestly. I'd like being an undecided major until I graduate, but it doesn't really work that way. Besides being a Sea Shepherd, or backpacking around the world for the rest of my life, I've been thinking along the lines of archaeologist-journalist-museum curator-book editor. We'll see.
But until I figure all that and everything else out, I'll be knitting to fill the time and cooking to put a pause on some boredom.
So, yeah. I'm not very good at this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment